Superstar diva Celine Dion will be appearing in Dublin on Friday 30 May 2008 as part of her European tour. She will perform at Croke Park, accompanied by operatic pop group Il Divo.
Tickets go on sale on Thursday 15th November, and are sure to sell out quickly. Book early to avoid disappointment.
Celine is one of the biggest selling artists in the world, with chart topping hits including “My Heart Will Go On” and “The Power of Love”.
‘Taking Chances’, is Celine Dion’s first English studio album in over 3 years and includes the single of the same name. The album is available now.
Celine’s 2008 European tour includes:
2 May – Manchester – M.E.N Arena
6 May – London – 02 Arena
13 May – Antwerp – Sportpaleis
14 May – Antwerp – Sportpaleis
16 May – Antwerp – Sportpaleis
19 May – Paris – Omnisports de Bercy
20 May – Paris – Omnisports de Bercy
21 May – Paris – Omnisports de Bercy
24 May – Paris – Omnisports de Bercy
25 May – Paris – Omnisports de Bercy
27 May – Paris – Omnisports de Bercy
30 May – Dublin – Croke Park
02 June – Amsterdam – Amsterdam Arena
05 June – Copenhagen – Parken
07 June – Stockholm – Globe
24 June – Zurich – Hallenstadion
09 July – Geneva – Stade de Genève
One of rock’s most recognisable and enduring personalities, Meat Loaf comes to Belfast’s Odyssey Arena for one night only on November the 22nd for what’s sure to be another earth-shaking epic extravaganza of a show.
Meat Loaf’s chequered career has had its ups and downs through the years, but his live performances have consistently drawn armies of devoted fans and his talents as a stage performer remain undimmed.
The Three Bats tour showcases the third instalment of his record-breaking Bat Out Of Hell album trilogy. The Bat trilogy began thirty years ago in 1977, and has been wildly successful ever since – incredibly, the original Bat Out Of Hell album has never left the top 200 UK album chart since its initial release!
Mixing classic favourites with fresh new tracks from the latest album, the Three Bats tour chronicles thirty years of timeless rock hits in a theatrical spectacular of sound and vision that’s guaranteed to take you to hell and back in one unforgettable night!
Get your tickets now to see Meat Loaf in action.
Donny Osmond gives a live music performance here in Dublin on 30 October at Vicar Street. This is one live music event in Dublin that will draw huge fans from across Ireland.
Donny is sure to enjoy himself in Dublin’s fair city where the girls are so pretty! Although the girls that idolised him as a teen are likely to be your mum or your granny, so why not give them a treat with tickets to see Donny in Dublin.
Book tickets for Donny Osmond’s live gig in Dublin now at Dublin Events.
For some reason I always want to say Donny Osbourne when I say Donny’s name, it’s a bit of a tongue twister for me. It probably stems from the Pepsi Twist advert that starred Donny and his sister Marie turned into Ozzy’s son and daughter!
See the ad here, on YouTube, Ozzy is hilarious!
As well as appearing in TV adverts, Donny has enjoyed a varied career, from a singing sensation (starting out at the age of four) as part of “The Osmonds”, to a duo with his sister Marie as a musical act and then co-host of the Donny and Marie Show in the 70s.
Now approaching 50, Donny continues his career starring in musicals and touring, charming audiences throughout the world. So book tickets for the gig in Dublin now and be prepared to be charmed!
Rihanna’s live music events take place in Dublin on Sunday 2 December and Belfast on Monday 3 December, and as they’re both indoor gigs there’s no need to bring along an umbrella. Mind you the last gig I was at I got soaked with a pint of beer, so standing under someone’s umbrella-ella-ella-ella-ella, eh-oh- oh oh oh, mightn’t be such a bad idea after aaaall.
Book tickets for Rihanna’s gig in Dublin
Book tickets for the live event in Belfast
Umbrella was the theme tune for many a summer festival and extremely catchy! The latest single Shut Up and Drive is equally as catchy and set to be the theme tune for a drive.
I was watching the making of the Shut Up And Drive video with great pleasure on MTV earlier this week.
I really like all of the effort that went into sourcing the classic cars not to mention the young ladies washing them (ahem) of course I was looking at the cars, not the ladies, don’t mistake me for some kind of pervert!
The video is as slick as Rihanna’s new hairdo – have a look for yourself.
Enjoy the gigs!
UB40 get back to their reggae roots almost 30 years after they first got together to perform 3 live gigs in Ireland in November. Live music performances take place on and at:
Ali Campbell’s warm voice will melt Irish hearts as UB40 belt out old favourites like Red, Red, Wine and I Can’t Help Falling In Love With You.
They will also perform newer music from the album Who You fighting For, a return of UB40’s political voice mixed in with meaningful lyrics and beautiful beats.
UB40 are amazingly talented and their unique reggae sound, with influences from Jamaican Ska to Elvis, is what has made their career so successful.
Here’s a live music clip of Kiss and Say Goodbye – from Who You Fighting For with Ali at his soulful best
Facts about UB40
- They formed in the summer of 1978.
- UB40 began as mates who knew each other from various colleges and schools across Birmingham.
- Birmingham is their home town.
- UB40 stands for Unemployment Benefit Form 40.
- Before they even picked up an instrument, Ali Campbell and Brian Travers travelled around Birmingham promoting the band, putting up UB40 posters to promote the band!
- £4,000 in compensation paid out to Ali Campbell after a bar brawl paid for the band’s instruments (even though few knew how to play!).
- Ali and Robin Campbell’s father is Ian Campbell, a popular folk musician.
- They made it big when Chrissie Hynde heard them play in a pub in Birmingham and asked them to be her support act.
- John Peel was so impressed with the group’s first demo tape that he invited them to perform on his Radio One show in 1980.
- Their injection of life into many old Jamaican hits resulted in many musicians’ and producers’ renewed popularity and income. (Source: Wikipedia)
- UB40 named their first album Signing Off because they were ‘signing off from the dole’ in other words, getting a job. The album even had a reproduction of the unemployment benefit card on the cover with the words, “Signing Off” stamped on it.
- In 1985, the group celebrated a hit single with I Got You Babe, recorded with Chrissie Hynde.
- UB40′s first single, a double coupling of King, a song for Martin Luther King and Food for Thought, a song about third-world poverty, was the first record to reach the UK top ten without the backing of a major record label.
- The band formed their own record company in 1980 called Dep International.
- In August 1983, UB40 achieved their first No.1 single in the UK.
Red Red Wine was released ahead of the album Labour of Love, which went straight to No.1 upon its release in September 1983.
- The Labour Of Love Album, produced and co-written by saxophonist Brian Travers, was made into a short movie and features most of the music from the album and some members of the band.
- UB40 were the first British band to tour Russia.
- (I can’t help) Falling In Love With You was the bands third No.1. It proved to be the second top selling single of 1993.
- (I can’t help) Falling In Love With You reached No.1 in 17 other countries around the world.
- (I can’t help) Falling In Love With You was initially featured in the Sharon Stone film Sliver and spent seven weeks at number one in the USA.
- Promises & Lies entered the UK charts at No.1 and stayed there
for 7 weeks which was the longest time for any album to have stayed at the
top in 1993.
- Swing Low was recorded with the multi-cultural choir United Colours of Sound and became the official anthem for the 2003 English Rugby Team.
- Promises And Lies was the inspiration for a musical performed by the Birmingham Repertory Theatre Company in 2006.
- Sparta Florida Music Group started legal action against heiress Paris Hilton and Warner Chappell Music in June 2007 for plagiarism due to similarities between the song Kingston Town, originally by Lord Creator and Paris’s Stars Are Blind song.
Visit UB40′s official website: http://www.ub40.co.uk/